Berea Bible Fellowship
Berea Bible Fellowship
Church Doctrinal & Mission Statement
1. Berea Bible Fellowship is a Bible Church that is not affiliated with any church denomination. It is our purpose to be unhampered by the restrictions and decisions of other churches or denominations that would determine the message and ministry of our church.
2. We at Berea Bible Fellowship believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
3. We at Berea Bible Fellowship believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelations of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
Since we believe that the Bible is the holy and inspired Word of God, it is our purpose to draw from the scriptures the principles that determine our beliefs and practices. It is the Word of God and not the word of men that ultimately directs our church.
4. We at Berea Bible Fellowship believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God’s saving work in the Lord Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
5. We at Berea Bible Fellowship believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus - Israel’s promised Messiah - was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
6. We at Berea Bible Fellowship believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its sin. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
7. We at Berea Bible Fellowship believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God’s Word, the Spirit’s power, and fervent prayer in Christ’s name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the Gospel in word and deed.
8. It is therefore, Berea Bible Fellowship purpose to glorify God by fulfilling the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20). It is also our purpose to meet frequently for Worship, Christian Education, Fellowship, and Outreach-Evangelism in accordance with: Acts 2:42. The message that we declare to all members alike is based upon a literal, grammatical, and historical interpretation of the entire Bible. We proclaim the truth of the Bible, being confident that God is glorified and man’s needs are met when God’s truths are presented and obeyed.
9. We at Berea Bible Fellowship further believe that because Berea Bible Fellowship is a body of believers, it is the mission of the church to make disciples for Christ. In keeping with Acts 2:42, this church has four major areas through which it fulfills its mission in the world.
A. Worship- The primary goal of Worship is expressing to God the esteem which His people hold for Him. * We will participate in public Worship service together and maintain our own personal daily devotion (John 4:24)
B. Christian Education promotes learning among God’s people and a response to personal obedience to the Scriptures. To help members develop toward Christian maturity and train them for effective ministry and to promote personal spiritual growth and discipleship through Bible teaching and personal application (II Timothy 2:1-2; Ephesians 4:11-13).
C. Fellowship is designed to promote the interpersonal caring and sharing of God’s people, one to another, as an outgrowth of their fellowship with God. To encourage, support, and pray for each other as members of the family of God. To share our lives together (Acts 2:44-47; Romans 15:5-7; Hebrews 10:24-25)
D. Outreach touches the world at large with the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ and the salvation He offers. We at Berea Bible Fellowship are to share the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ with as many people as possible in our community and throughout the world (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; 2 Peter 3:9).
Each of these four ministries is designed to provide a distinct, divine option to the worlds approach to living, starting within the church and extending to society at large.
10. Since Berea Bible Fellowship believes that each member of the body has received from the Holy Spirit at least one spiritual gift that he/she is to discover and develop, it is our goal to see that these spiritual gifts are exercised, contributing to the life of the body of Christ (the Church).
Berea Bible Fellowship started as a simple bible study group of 10. The group felt Pastor Clardy had insight and knowledge of God's plan for building His Church (the body of Christ) and ask him to pray about leading and sharing that knowledge with God's people. Pastor Clardy went before God, knowing this task could not be accomplished without God's guidance. After receiving a confirmation from God, being an obedient disciple of Christ he accepted the task God had set before him and Berea Bible Fellowship was organized and had it's first worship service January 5, 2003.